Good facebook posts … Is there such thing as a perfect Facebook post? … Probably not.
TrackMaven analysed more than 1.5 million status updates from almost 6,000 Facebook pages.
Here are 13 stats that will make your good Facebook posts even better:
- Posts with 80+ words get twice as much engagement
- Posts with images get 37% more engagement than text-only updates
- Posts between 5pm & 1am get 11% more interaction than daytime posts
- About 18% of posts get posted on weekends (less competition for your posts!)
- Weekend posts get the most engagement
- Sunday posts get 25% more engagement than Wednesday posts
- Likes constitute 87% of Facebook engagement
- Only 5% of Facebook engagement comes in the form of comments
- Shares account for 8% of Facebook engagement
- Thursday is the most popular day to post
- Posts with hashtags get 60% more interaction
- Posts with exclamation points get 2.7x more interaction!! WOW!!
- Questions get 23% more engagement than other updates
Compelling stats, right?
Here are some interesting key takeaways:
- Hashtags increase interaction, but don’t use more than 2 per post
- I don’t want to focus on Thursdays because there’s just too much noise
- Try posting later in the evening, when people are off work & kids are in bed
- Post longer updates so readers click “See more” to get the rest of the story
What about you?